Exercise Physiologist / Director
Simon West is an experienced Accredited Exercise Physiologist based in Burnie but works across the North West Coast in his role with Aboriginal Health and in his special interest area of Chronic Pain Management.
Simon has extensive experience in musculoskeletal injury rehabilitation and chronic disease management. In addition to his Bachelor of Human Movement Studies, he has completed his Masters of Science in Medicine (Pain Management) providing added expertise in this challenging area. Simon has also spent 15 years working as a Registered Nurse, specialising predominantly in Critical Care/Intensive Care and was also registered as a Psychiatric Nurse while working in Queensland.
When not at work Simon can be found enjoying the surf and the often frustrating pursuit of reducing his golf handicap.
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Human Movement studies)
- Masters of Science in Medicine (Pain Management)
- Dip Health Science (Nursing)
- Pilates Institute of Queensland certification (Levels 1, 2 & 3 Equipment)
- Exercise & Sports Science Australia member
- Special Interests and Experience:
- Cardiac rehabilitation
- Chronic pain treatment
- Mental health
- Back injuries/pain and shoulder injuries/pain