Scott graduated as a Physiotherapist in 1993 from the University of Sydney. He has worked at the North West Regional Hospital, Burnie Tasmania and currently working with Coastal Physiotherapy since 1997. Scott is one of the founding Principals of Coastal Physiotherapy. He has experience in the following:
- General Physiotherapy Practice including orthopaedics, sports injuries, spinal assessment and treatment and sacroiliac joint dysfunctions.
- Task Specific Manual Handling Training.
- Pre-employment assessments.
- Occupational injuries including injury prevention, assessment and treatment.
- Onsite workplace visits including risk assessments, workplace assessments, task analysis, and onsite Physiotherapy services.
He has experience in the dairy, healthcare, disability, paper, production, building, construction, mining, local government, and fabrication industries. Scott is currently consulting for Lion (Burnie and King Island), MMG Mining (Rosebery), Mondelez (Burnie), Waratah/Wynyard Council, Devonport City Council, Central Coast Council and Greenhams (Smithton).
Scott is the current National President of the Australian Physiotherapy Association. He has held the position of National Chair of Physiotherapy Business Australia and the sat on the National Advisory Council of the Australian Physiotherapy Association. He was a board member of General Practice North West and was appointed to the Tasmanian Medicare Local’s Primary Health Care Strategic Advisory Council.
Scott is currently consulting at the Somerset Medical Centre. Scott can be contacted at Somerset on 64351421.